What is growth hormone?
Growth hormone (GH), sometimes called human growth hormone (HGH) is an important hormone as it signals the body to grow and heal. Growth hormone levels are high during youth, but rapidly decline throughout adulthood.
What happens without growth hormone?
As growth hormone levels decline, muscle mass and bone strength decrease; ligaments and tendons weaken, and cartilage, skin, hair, and nails become thin. As collagen throughout the body loses its elasticity, the skin sags and wrinkles, joints become stiff and painful, and arteries harden and thicken. These muscle, collagen, and bone tissues have growth hormone receptors, but there is little growth hormone to “activate” growth and repair in these tissues.
Symptoms of growth hormone deficiency:
- Lack of energy or fatigue
- Decreased sexual desire
- Muscle weakness
- Decrease in muscle mass
- Poor sleep quality
- Weight gain, especially in the abdomen
- Withdrawal from others
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Sadness or depression
- Feelings of hopelessness
Reported benefits of growth hormone replacement:
- 15% average decrease in fat
- 8% average increase in muscle and lean body structures
- Improved skin texture resulting in a more youthful appearance
- Fewer skin wrinkles
- Increased bone density, reversal of osteoporosis
- Faster healing of any type of injury, fracture, or wound
- Improved sex drive
- Greatly enhanced immunity and resistance to infection
- Enhanced brain function, retention of intellect with aging
- Improvement in Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s syndromes
- Improved fertility, sperm production, and ovulation
- Improvement in overall physical and mental well-being
- Improvement in sleep disorders, better quality of sleep
- Improved exercise tolerance
- Improved mineral balance
- Improved mood, with less depression and fatigue
- Improved heart and kidney function
PowerMD can help
At PowerMD, we can help you increase your growth hormone production. Schedule an appointment with us if you think you might benefit from increased growth hormone. Call our office today to schedule an appointment. Call 415-785-7995 today.