Our COVID-19 Prevention PolicyLearn what PowerMD is doing to keep you safe at your next appointment.PowerMD is dedicated to offering you the best care and keeping all of our patients and employees safe during this challenging time!COVID-19 UpdatesCOVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease caused by a novel Coronavirus. It can be contracted after casual contact or simple proximity to an affected individual. This is why PowerMD is taking every precaution to keep you safe during your next appointment!First, here’s some important information about COVID-19:
People affected by Coronavirus may be asymptomatic and therefore be unaware that they are contagious. Transmission occurs between people in close proximity either by breathing contaminated air (after an affected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes nearby) or by touching contaminated surfaces. The virus may remain airborne for up to an hour and may survive for 1-2 weeks on surfaces that are not disinfected.
Disinfection with 70% alcohol or other disinfectants can eliminate the virus, however, airborne transmission is harder to prevent and paper masks provide incomplete protection. Therefore, the CDC and California Public Health officials recommend people remain home and avoid contact with other people unless engaged in essential activities. Providing and seeking medical care are considered essential activities, however, elective treatments may be delayed if you prefer.
What is PowerMD doing to best protect our patients?:
Protective precautions taken by Dr. Power and PowerMD to decrease exposure risk include:
- Verbally screening patients & staff for known or suspected COVID-19 in self or close contacts.
- Verbally screening patients & staff for fever, cough or respiratory symptoms in self or close contacts.
- Screening each staff member and patient with temperature checks upon entering
- Requiring all staff and patients to wear masks while in the clinic.
- Requiring all staff and patients to sanitize their hands immediately upon entering the clinic.
- Scheduling fewer appointments with reduced staff on-site to encourage social distancing.
- Having providers wear an N95 mask and eye/face shield when patient must remove mask.
- Installing high-grade HEPA air purifiers that can effectively exchange treatment room air, removing 99.97% of particles down to 0.1microns, effectively cleansing the air in just 12 minutes.
- Installing an acrylic sneeze guard shield around the front desk.
- Practicing and requiring proper hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap-and-water.
- Immediately rooming patients and limiting patient contact with clinic furnishings and products.
- Disinfecting exposed and potentially contacted surfaces in clinic frequently, between patient appointments, and at the beginning and end of each day.
What is PowerMD doing to protect our valued employees?:
To protect the staff and patients at PowerMD please cancel your appointment if you develop any of the following symptoms, or if you have had a known contact with COVID, prior to or the day of your treatment.
- Fever or Malaise
- Cough, Chest Pain, Shortness of Breath
- Sneezing or Runny Nose
- COVID-19 contact
How to know if you’re at high risk:
Certain populations are at greater risk. Please inform PowerMD if you or a member of your household, is at additional risk of severe COVID disease or death due to:
- Obesity, Age over 65, History of Smoking
- Heart Disease or Lung Disease (including Asthma)
- Immunocompromised (Organ Transplant, Chemotherapy or Prednisone)
- Diabetes, Liver or Kidney Disease
Although Dr. Power and the staff at PowerMD will take protective precautions, the risk of COVID-19 exposure can be mitigated but NOT eliminated. You could be exposed to COVID-19 while at PowerMD and infection could cause a serious disease in yourself, a member of your household, or anyone else with whom you come in contact. Medical Aesthetic treatments are elective in nature and, therefore, your appointment can be postponed without health or financial penalty.
Thank you for all your cooperation and support during this challenging time!
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Karron Power